Enter the 2018 Wasafiri New Writing Prize
Please use this form to submit your entry/entries to the Wasafiri New Writing Prize 2018. Fields that must be filled in are marked with a red asterisk. For full terms and conditions, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
All entries submitted via this form will receive an acknowledgement to confirm receipt. If you require assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to any nationality and any age group.
- The word limit is 3000 maximum (or a maximum of 5 poems).
- Work submitted must not have been previously published (this includes self-publishing and publishing on websites, personal or otherwise) or have won a prize in another competition.
- Work must be typed, double-spaced, on A4 paper, single sided only.
- Do not write your name or provide any other form of identification on your manuscript. All submissions will be considered without the judges knowing the identity of the entrant.
- Do not enter more than one poem on a single page.
- Work will only be accepted if accompanied by an official entry form and fee. If you require acknowledgement of receipt, please email email@example.com you submit your entry.
- We regret that manuscripts cannot be altered after submission.
- All electronic submissions will receive an acknowledgement.
- Fee is per category: the entrant can submit a maximum of one entry per category – in the Poetry category, one submission can include five poems.
- Entries must be received at Wasafiri no later than 5pm BST on Friday 13 July 2018. We regret that we cannot accept entries received after this date.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence or discussion concerning the judges’ decision will be entered into.
- The copyright will remain with the winning authors. Acceptance of the prize will indicate the author’s agreement to their work being published in Wasafiri and inclusion in a possible anthology of the best work received.
- Shortlisted entries will be published on the Wasafiri website.
- Wasafiri reserves the right to edit the winning entries.
- Failure to meet the conditions of entry will mean that a submission is automatically disqualified from the competition.
- No person may win more than one prize.
- The competition is not open to members of the Wasafiri Board.
- Shortlisted authors will be notified by email and will be invited to the prize-giving event (date and venue tbc).
- A list of shortlisted authors will be published on the Wasafiri website in Autumn 2018.
- Manuscripts will not be returned.
- The entry fee is non-refundable.